Reading night: Flights (2007) by Olga Tokarczuk
Reading club meeting with Diana Mistreanu, Ph.D.
The LSRS is pleased to invite you to the Reading club meeting with Diana Mistreanu, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer, on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.
“Clearly, I did not inherit whatever gene it is that makes it so that when you linger in a place you start to put down roots. I’ve tried a number of times, but my roots have always been shallow. […] My energy derives from movement — from the shuddering of buses, the rumble of planes, trains’ and ferries’ rocking.” (Olga Tokarczuk, Flights)
We will talk about the Nobel laureate Olga Tokarczuk, and read together several excerpts from the novel Flights, in Jennifer Croft’s 2017 translation.
No previous knowledge of the author’s work is required in order to attend this event.
Drinks and chocolate are provided
Ten places available
Please sign up before March 16: diana.mistreanu lsrs.lu
University of Luxembourg
Maison des Sciences Humaines (UserLab, 1st floor)
11, porte des Sciences
- Québec et Luxembourg, sociétés laïques et pluralistes – Enjeux d’initiation et de transmission
- Section « Sécularisation, pluralisme, transmission »
- Twenty-first century religion – European and global perspectives
- Nouvelles Religiosités et Évangélisation
- Publications . Publikationen
- Présentation du département « Religion, communication, éducation »