Reading night: Americanah (2013) by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Reading club meeting with Diana Mistreanu
The LSRS is pleased to invite you to the Reading club meeting with Diana Mistreanu, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer, on Wednesday, 26th February 2020 from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is an acclaimed novelist and feminist activist born in Nigeria in 1977.
“How did you feel when you moved to Europe and saw a house for the first time?”
“You’re whining like a little girl! Why don’t you act like a real man?”
If these questions sound familiar, or if you’ve ever experienced racial, national or gender stereotyping, join our reading club, and let’s talk about it!
We will read together several excerpts from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s 2013 novel, Americanah, and find out where stereotypes and presuppositions come from, what is their function, and what we can do about them.
No previous knowledge of the author’s work is required in order to attend this event.
Tea, coffee and chocolate are provided
Ten places available
Please sign up before February 24: diana.mistreanu lsrs.lu
University of Luxembourg
Maison des Sciences Humaines (Aquarium, 3rd floor)
11, porte des Sciences
- Section « Sécularisation, pluralisme, transmission »
- Twenty-first century religion – European and global perspectives
- Québec et Luxembourg, sociétés laïques et pluralistes – Enjeux d’initiation et de transmission
- Nouvelles Religiosités et Évangélisation
- Publications . Publikationen
- Présentation du département « Religion, communication, éducation »