Taxation, Religions & Philosophical and Non-Confessional Organisations in Europe
European Consortium for Church and State Research
The European Consortium for Church and State Research, the European Governance Programme (University of Luxembourg) and the Chaire de recherche en études parlementaires, in close collaboration with the Luxembourg School of Religion & Society, were pleased to invite you to the conference
Taxation, Religions & Philosophical and Non-Confessional Organisations in Europe.
The aim of the conference coordinated by Professor Philippe Poirier (University of Luxembourg) and Assistant Professor Konstantinos Papasthathis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki), was to contextually explore from a comparative perspective the legal frame (constitutional law; tax law; civil law; religious law, etc.), which determine the income tax and real estate property tax (e.g. state subsidies; EU subsidies; private sector; alms and donations; rents; inheritance, etc.) of churches, religious orders, charitable foundations, philosophical institutions, and non-confessional movements within Europe.
Working languages: English and French
Registration HERE before November 8, 2019
The conference was made possible thanks to the patronage of the Government of Luxembourg, the Chamber of Deputies Luxembourg, the Archdiocese of Luxembourg and the Luxembourg National Research Fund.
- Luxembourg School of Religion & Society, 14 November 2019
- Luxembourg Learning Center, Campus de Belval, 15 November 2019
- Maison du Savoir, Campus de Belval, 16 November 2019
- Visite du Pr Mouez Khalfaoui, Professeur de droit islamique à l’Université de Tübingen, à la LSRS
- Kongress zu Non-Violence in Rom
- Antrittsvorlesung von Prof. Dr. theol. habil. Georg Rubel
- Transforming form(s), meaning(s), and lifestyle(s) in a global context
- Die Verantwortung der Regierenden und Regierten. Zum Auftrag der Kirche im Raum der Politik
- Nicolas de Cues – Penseur de la Grande Région